First of all, I want to say, oops sorry for disappearing. Let’s just say I got distracted playing Dragon Age Inquisition.
This post is mostly focused on Enthusiast, the most popular fanlisting management script used. A few days ago, I woke up to about 10 inactivity emails from TAFL/TFL about my fanlistings being more than two month out of date, which was a surprise, because I had just checked my Enth dashboard the day before. After tweeting about it, a friend told me that it’s been happening to others, and they had to mess around with the script to change the inactivity warning time.
I looked into the code, and tried that, but it wasn’t getting all my fanlistings that were clearly out of date, so I ended up rewriting the portion of the code that checks for inactivity. The old way was done by using PHP’s date() function to figure out which sequential week of the year a particular fanlisting’s last update date was, and checking if it had more than 8 difference to the current sequential week of the year. For whatever reason, it wasn’t consistent, so I rewrote it instead comparing the difference between the two dates in the number of days between them.
It’s not a full tutorial because it’s basically just some search and replace or move lines around.
If you’re using Enthusiast 3.1.5, I highly recommend applying this fix, so you don’t have to worry about your dashboard not warning you.
I’ve been working on a syntax update for Enthusiast, but until that’s done, it’ll just be a few fixes here and there. There’s a bug in the disabling country field for fanlistings that I fixed, but still need to be fully tested. I’ll link it here later when it’s been tested by more people.